Protecting original creative work and the words, phrases, logos, and other elements that distinguish your personal or company brand from others is critical to your success. Proper registration of copyrights and trademarks gives you valuable rights that strengthen your position in the marketplace; help you build name recognition and brand loyalty; and allow you to leverage your work to generate income.
Davis Law can help you make the most of your intellectual property, by working with you to:
- Conduct a thorough initial search of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the Internet to make sure your desired mark is not too similar to an already existing mark;
- File your copyright application with the U.S. Copyright Office;
- File your application for a trademark or service mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office;
- Prosecute copyright and trademark infringers;
- Defend against claims of copyright or trademark infringement;
- Police your mark to ensure that others are not using it without permission;
- Negotiate licensing and distribution agreements with companies and individuals who want to use your or your company’s original content;
- Explore and build alliances and partnerships with complimentary companies through co-branding and other opportunities;
- Secure permission for you or your company to use photographs, media, music, films, performances, and other creative content owned by others;
- Manage your IP portfolio;
- Renew applications when necessary;
- Assign copyright and trademarks; and
- Understand your rights and responsibilities under the various trademark and copyright laws through training.
Why Davis Law?
As in-house counsel for aviation maverick and branding powerhouse, Southwest Airlines, and world-renowned media organization, National Public Radio, Inc., Beverly Davis learned the value of great marks and powerful brands. She understands that time is of the essence when protecting original content and securing marks and has seen first-hand how smart licensing and brand exploitation can boost income. She’s also seen the disappointment and frustration that result when others infringe on registered trademarks and copyrighted material and when rights are lost or threatened.
You’ve worked hard to create and build your brand and creative portfolio. Let Davis Law help you protect and grow it.