Davis Law tackles the legal issues that commonly arise in the music, theater, television, film, media, radio, and literary industries. We also take on issues that arise in other creative industries like event planning, restaurants, interior design, and fashion design.
If you’re an actor, writer, musician, producer, production company, studio, engineer, stylist, designer, journalist, chef or other creative professional, let Davis Law help you:
- Register, monitor, protect, and leverage intellectual property;
- Negotiate talent, personal services, management, speaking engagement, and other personal appearance agreements;
- Negotiate production, development, and distribution agreements;
- Negotiate corporate endorsement, sponsorship, merchandising, and licensing agreements;
- Negotiate music and literary agreements;
- Handle day-to-day union matters, grievances, arbitrations and collective bargaining;
- Provide training;
- Handle labor and employment issues;
- Represent you or your company in mediation and settlement discussions; and
- Manage litigation.
Why Davis Law?
Beverly Davis is a seasoned attorney licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia, Texas, and California. For almost a decade, she has negotiated agreements for on-air talent and entertainment executives based in Washington D.C., New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Rome and other international cities.
She has also negotiated deals with artists, independent producers, and represented a media company in interactions with the entertainment labor unions the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Radio and Television Artists (SAG-AFTRA) and the National Association of Broadcast Employees & Technicians (NABET-CWA).
Over the years, Beverly has worked with and across the table from local and nationally known entertainment attorneys and talent agents representing the top talent agencies and law firms in the country, including:
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (WME);
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA);
- United Talent Agency (UTA);
- S. Bienstock, Inc. ;
- Williams & Connolly, LLP;
- Fox Rothschild ; and
- Stanley Entertainment Group
Through this work, she has developed relationships that help her advance her client’s positions and accomplish their goals.